Thursday 31 May 2007

Guinea Pigs Sought!

I realise I've been a bit slack at replying to people's comments and emails this month. Sorry! It's not wilful neglect - only the knock-on effect of things getting really busy with the School of Everything. We're in the middle of talking to investors, plotting lots of exciting things to do with the first working version of the site (coming soon...), moving into a new (temporary) office in Bethnal Green - and looking for guinea pigs!

I posted a request earlier on the School of Everything blog, and I thought I'd repost it here. If you think you know anyone (in the UK) who'd be interested, please repost or pass it on as appropriate. Thanks!

The Highly Educated Guinea Pig - taken by Kerry

We're building a tool to help people organise learning - so we want to make sure it's helpful to people who are already out there working as independent teachers.

What do we mean by independent teachers? Well, we reckon there are around 100,000 people in the UK who make a living partly or wholly through teaching on a self-employed basis, outside of institutions. That could mean offering guitar lessons, running yoga classes or photography courses, or teaching astrophysics from a garden shed. (It includes freelance driving instructors, but not those who work for a larger driving school.) Depending on the subject, they may teach from home, travel to their students, or rent a venue. For some, it's a full-time job - for others, a way of supporting their studies or creative projects...

If any of that sounds like you, we want to hear from you!

We're putting together a small pool of teachers who are willing to meet up occasionally over the next few months, to share their experience and give us feedback - as well as a larger number who are prepared to answer some questions over the phone or by email.

If you're interested and you want to know more, drop me a line:

dougald@schoolofeverything.com

No comments:

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
This blog was my online home between 2006 and 2009. Today, you'll find me scattered across the internet. To start looking, go to my personal website: http://dougald.co.uk/

My Projects

Signpostr School of Everything

MyBLOGLOG

Followers

My ClustrMap

From My Shelves

Labels