Wednesday 3 October 2007

I'm very excited!

Tonight I'm going to see John Berger speaking at a cinema in London. The event is a screening of Pasolini's La Rabbia, a little-known film which was the subject of one of Berger's most recent essays.

Regular readers will know that Berger's writing has had a great influence on my life and ideas. This will be the first time I have seen him speak in person - three years ago he was due to address a conference that I was at, but had to cancel (and sent Simon McBurney of Theatre de Complicité in his place).

Further excitement, if that were needed, comes with the rumour of a new Berger novel, From A to X. I can't find much information about the book and its publication schedule, but it is only a few months since his most recent essay collection came out.

I hope that I'm still that active, creative and engaged when I'm eighty!

1 comment:

Tim Hodgens said...

Dougald,

I look forward to your first hand impressions of John Berger, and John Berger the man.

On a different note, you may want to take a look at: http://europe.theoildrum.com/node/3044

Especially listen to the audio file which is imbedded in the text.

If you personally know Mr. Meacham, could you please ask him to see if he can get himself imbedded into both the Democratic and Republican persidential debates over here? He might just be able to move it forward in some meaningful way.

As they say, cheers,

Tim

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
This blog was my online home between 2006 and 2009. Today, you'll find me scattered across the internet. To start looking, go to my personal website: http://dougald.co.uk/

My Projects

Signpostr School of Everything

MyBLOGLOG

Followers

My ClustrMap

From My Shelves

Labels