Tuesday 20 April 2010

UNCIVILISED London: Starting Tomorrow!

We live in dark, mountainous days...


Some might say that London is UNCIVILISED at the best of times, but we thought it needed some help.

So in the run up to UNCIVILISATION 2010, we're running a season of events around the capital, starting tomorrow night (Weds 21st April) in Kings Cross.

UNCIVILISATION is part music festival, part literary festival, part training camp for an uncertain future. Organised by me and my Dark Mountain co-founder Paul Kingsnorth, it brings together voices like Jay Griffiths, George Monbiot and Alastair McIntosh - along with a new generation of radical thinkers and doers - to explore two big questions:

What do we do after we stop pretending the way of living we grew up with can be made "sustainable"?

And if the stories our society tells itself are part of how we got into this mess, where do we start to find new stories?

The London events will be a taste of the festival itself. Tomorrow's guests include Briony Greenhill (The Blended Lifestyle) and Lottie Child (Street Training), as well as music from Lloyd Davis and others. Come down to the Centre for Creative Collaboration, 16 Acton Rd, Kings Cross to dip your toe in the waters of UNCIVILISATION. The natives are friendly, we promise...

Full details here:
http://uncivilisation.ning.com/events

PS - watch out for our UNCIVILISED ELECTION party on May 6th - more details soon!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
This blog was my online home between 2006 and 2009. Today, you'll find me scattered across the internet. To start looking, go to my personal website: http://dougald.co.uk/

My Projects

Signpostr School of Everything

MyBLOGLOG

Followers

My ClustrMap

From My Shelves

Labels