Wednesday 13 December 2006

On beards

In a saner world, people would stop asking me why I have a beard and start asking my clean-shaven friends why they scrape their faces with metal most mornings. Well, it's not quite the same thing, but according to today's Guardian, facial hairiness is coming into fashion:

Forty years ago a beard was a potent expression of the free-living, free-loving radicalism of 60s counterculture. For a while it was the sign of the slacker. Now it's no stranger to the Power-Point presentation. Until web 2.0 companies crash, old-fashioned businesses will have to get used to the hirsute.

2 comments:

Mark said...

"facial hairiness is coming into fashion"

Bother. [makes mental note to shave!]

Welcome back, Dougald :)

Dougald Hine said...

Welcome to you too! Now, the question is, what's the smiley for a beard...? How about this -

:-{>

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
This blog was my online home between 2006 and 2009. Today, you'll find me scattered across the internet. To start looking, go to my personal website: http://dougald.co.uk/

My Projects

Signpostr School of Everything

MyBLOGLOG

Followers

My ClustrMap

From My Shelves

Labels